Job Title: Regulatory Specialist
Indra Energy is a leading retail energy company providing electricity, natural gas and renewable energy options to residential and commercial customers across 9 states and more than 64 utility markets.
Indra Energy is currently seeking a Regulatory Specialist to report to the Regulatory & Corporate Counsel to assist with regulatory filings and implementing changes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal licensing and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintain and update regulatory filings system to track due dates, deadlines, forms and status of filings.
- Communicate and collaborate with accounting, operations, marketing, compliance, IT and other internal departments to request, analyze and compile information into timely and accurate regulatory filings.
- Draft and file cover letters, license applications, license renewals, regulatory reports, and related exhibits.
- Assist with monitoring state and federal regulatory proceedings by utilizing regulatory tracking software and/or docketing systems to provide summaries and status updates.
- Review and prepare any required regulatory documents as needed to implement regulatory changes.
- Assist with updates to regulatory compliance policies, processes and procedures as needed.
- Answer questions and provide information related to regulatory requirements.
- Escalate regulatory issues as necessary.
- Conduct research as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Able to juggle competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong research, writing and communication skills.
- Desire to work on a variety of different assignments each day.
- Ability to collaborate and work with and across various departments.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and matter management systems.
- Team player continually looking for ways to make improvements and increase efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate. JD also considered.
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate compliance, regulatory affairs and/or project management preferred.
- Energy, public utilities and/or consumer protection experience a plus.
To be considered, please submit your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.